Thursday, February 14, 2008

Introductions...

I'm a librarian, interested in books and teens and the fortuitous collision of the twain. The Japanese word "ronin" is roughly translated as "drifting", and was used to describe wandering samurai who owed no fealty to a particular lord. As a reader, I am undisciplined and all over the place -- right now I have 74 items charged on my library card, and am simultaneously reading about five of them. I'm trying to learn more about the manga and anime cultures, am becoming more and more interested in graphic novels in general, and I try to keep up with what's recently published in young adult fiction.

From time to time I'll share short reviews, request suggestions, and put up some links to sites that pertain to literature and kids. Feel free to comment, I welcome any feedback!

No comments: